- Learn about the upcoming professional development opportunities for graduate students and postdoctoral and early career scientists here.
- When attendees were asked if they have a greater understanding of how to prepare a manuscript after attending the ASM Scientific Writing and Publishing Institute, on a scale of 1 – strongly disagree to 5 – strongly agree, 89.3% agreed or strongly agreed. The the average score was 4.16. » Read More
- Receive practical tips, advice, and resources from successful leaders of start-ups and small businesses at ASM's Turning Your Science into a Company workshop. Learn more here.
- Did you know, 58% of Kadner Institute alumni secured a postdoctoral position in the microbiological sciences after attending the Institute and 60% have secured a non-postdoctoral position in the sciences since attending » Read More
Upcoming Application Deadlines
2015 Institute Dates
- ASM Turning Your Science into a Company | October 1-3 | Washington, DC
Welcome to ASMGAP
The Graduate and Postdoctoral Opportunities website is your entry to professional skills development in grantsmanship, scientific presentations, scientific publishing, teaching and mentoring, scientific ethics, career planning, and networking.
It serves as a portal to the Society’s programs on graduate and postdoctoral opportunities and provides an excellent starting point for those interested in educational and career opportunities in microbiological sciences. Specifically, the website provides a variety of services to enhance the professional development of graduate students and postdoctoral scientists.
The programs are sponsored by the Committee on Graduate and Postdoctoral Education, American Society for Microbiology (ASM). The Board is indebted to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Burroughs Wellcome Fund for supporting ASM Graduate and Postdoctoral Opportunities.